Charles J. Prorok
Chuck Prorok served as a member of the Winnebago County State’s Attorney’s Office for more than 29 years. Starting as an Assistant State’s Attorney in the Criminal division in 1978, he rose through the ranks to become second in command as first Deputy State’s Attorney in 2004.
While in this important leadership role, Chuck helped oversee the largest law firm in the area with more than 45 attorneys and 40 support personnel. He was also responsible for advising and representing every county official, department and agency, including the Winnebago County Board and Sheriff. His civil and criminal experience includes trial and appellate cases at all levels of both state and federal courts.
During his long tenure as a public servant, Chuck had extensive experience in civil law, with a concentration in labor and employment. He served as the Chief of the Civil Division for almost 20 years and for over 15 years handled collective bargaining responsibilities on behalf of management with the County of Winnebago’s labor unions. Chuck’s labor and employment experience also extends to drafting employee handbooks, employment agreements and severance agreements.
Since April, 2009, Chuck has been in private practice concentrating in labor and employment, representing the interests of both management and employees.
The John Marshall Law School, Juris Doctor, 1977 • Creighton University, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, 1973.
- United States Supreme Court, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 1986
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 1977
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Trial Bar, 1985
- Illinois, 1977
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law
- Labor Law
- Winnebago County Bar Association, Past President, 1995.
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member of Assembly, 1998-2001.
- American Bar Association, Member, 1976 to date.
- National Public Employers Labor Relations Association, Member, 1990 to date.
- Illinois Public Employers Labor Relations Association, Member, 1990 to date.
- National District Attorneys Association, Associate, Member, 2004 to date.
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA), Certificate of Recognition for twenty years of government service, 2005.