Sima L. Kirsch
Sima Kirsch has a reputation as a zealous advocate. Her penchant for bringing straight information to the general public has gained media attention. As a frequent speaker on WLS 890 AM and recent guest on Sharon Harper’s, "Takin it to the Streets" on CAN TV and her WHPK 88.5 FM radio show, "Sharon’s Uncommon View on Everyday Issues," Sima regularly shares her views on a variety of issues, including how to act proactively in foreclosure matters, how to make safe business and legal choices, and how to select educated and informed professionals.
After practicing at an insurance defense firm in Chicago, Sima started her own practice in 1979. Sima’s trial skills as a member of the Federal Trial Bar, dedication to clients, and work ethic have been core elements of her practice and have gained her the praise of her clients and peers. Sima has been hosting and presenting seminars as well as publishing articles throughout her career. Sima has contributed to the Chicago Tribune and other area papers and sources, and has presented at the educational segments of industry-specific trade shows.
Sima holds a Juris Doctor from John Marshall Law School. She has helped to create several educational organizations including Women Helping Empower Women and the Tri Bridge Group, which focuses on educating the public and women in particular on a myriad of topical issues. Currently, she is working to develop a series of educational tools to assist professionals and owners in condominium board and association matters.
John Marshall Law School, Juris Doctor, 1977; Gavel Society, Editor; Editor-in-Chief of school paper: “The Decisive Utterance” • Temple University, Bachelor of Arts, 1972.
- Illinois, 1977
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 1977
- Federal Trial Bar, 1985-1994; 2008 to date
- Florida, 1978-1983
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate
- Commercial and Business Litigation
- International Collections
- Civil, Commercial and Administrative Agreements
- Business Planning and Estate Planning
- Presenter, “30 minute on-air segment discussing smart tips for the prospective condo purchaser and new association,” presented at “Taking it to the Streets” on Cable Access Network (CAN TV), Chicago, IL, May-October, 2008.
- Call-in Participant, “Sharon’s Uncommon Views on Everyday Issues” on WHPK 88.5 FM, Chicago, IL, May-October, 2008.
- Presenter, air infomercials and podcasts relating to real estate on WLS 890AM, Chicago, IL, August-October, 2008.
- Presenter, Education Segment of the Association of Condominium, Townhouse and Homeowners Associations (ACTHA) semi-annual trade show, Chicago, IL, November, 2008.
- American Arbitration Association, Arbitrator, 1977-1995.
- Circuit Court Mandatory Arbitration Program, Arbitrator, 1989-1998.
- Law Student Division (LSD) delegate to American Bar Association (ABA), 1975-1977.
- LSD-ABA Chair, National Women’s Caucus, National Convention 1976.
- Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education (IICLE), Director, 1994-1999.
- ArtWalkRavenswood, President, 2008 to date.
- Lakeview Business Advisory Council, Member, 2004 to 2008.
- Northcenter Chamber of Commerce, Director, 2004 to date; President, 2006-2007.
- Neighborhood Boys and Girls Club, Director, 2008 to date.
- WHEW, Inc. (Women Helping Empowering Women), Co-Founder, 2006.
- Tri-Bridge Group (educating the public in matters of real estate), Co-Founder, 2003; Member 2003 to date.
- Ravenswood Community Council, Director, 2006-2008.
- Tri-Bridge Group (educating the public in matters of real estate), Co-Founder, 2003; Member, 2003-2007.
- Anshe Emet Synagogue, Member, 1988-2004; Board of Trustees, 2001-2004; Membership Committee, Chair, 2000-2004; Sisterhood, Co-President and Co-Organizer, 2001-2004.
- Old Irving Park Association, Of Counsel for 10 years, 1984-1994; President and Director, 1984-1990.
- Northwest Area Citizens Organization, Director, 1984-1986.
- The C.A.R.E. Group, Inc (Compliance, Awareness and ADA Readiness Education), Co-Founder and Director, 1995-1998.
- 30th Ward Advisory Board, Chairperson, 1996.
- Chicago Bar Association (CBA), Member, 1977 to date.
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA), 1977 to date.
- Illinois Real Estate Attorney’s Association (IRELA), 2006 to date.
- Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce, Associate Member, 2005 to date.
- Association of Condominium, Townhome, Homeowners Association (ACTHA), Commercial Member, 2007-2009.
- Community Association Institute (CAI), Commercial Member, 2007-2009.